Top 5 reasons to buy a fish finder
Why should I buy a fish finder?
There are many reasons to buy a fish finder including, but not limited to the following:
1) Locating individual fish, fish schools, or bait pods.
2) Locating shipwrecks, reefs, pinnacles, sunken trees and other objects between the hull of the vessel and the bottom.
3) Determining bottom contours and composition, such as soft mud, gravel, sand and rock.
4) Determining the water depth.
5) An experienced operator can even determine what species of fish are being displayed by their different shapes and the size of their air bladders, a trait that shows up well on high quality echo sounders. Other factors such as water temp, water depth and schooling characteristics also help determine fish species.